Effective: January 2019
Last modified: January 2019
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.aastory-collections.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy only applies for our US Website. Also, this policy does not apply to third-party websites accessible through our websites.
This policy applies to our interactions with our customers and visitors on the website, and to information we collect:
• On this Website, including mobile websites.
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
• Use of our applications for mobile phones, tablets or other smart devices
• Social media interactions on our websites and other third party websites like Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram and Twitter
• When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by A&A STORY or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
• any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. To our knowledge we do not collect information online from children under 18. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our Sites and Children
To learn more about how to protect your child online, visit the FTC's www.OnGuardOnline.gov. You may also want to read the helpful information about children and privacy that the FTC provides by clicking here.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
• Personal information including information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
• Contact information: we may collect the names and user names of our customers and other visitors. Additionally, we may collect your purchase history, billing and shipping addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and other digital contact information. We may also collect information that you provide us about others.
• Payment information: when you make a purchase we collect your payment information, including information from your credit or debit card, check, PayPal account or gift card.
• Demographic information: we may collect information about products or services you like, reviews you submit, or where you shop. We might also collect information like your age or gender.
• Location information: if you use our mobile websites, mobile applications, or other smart device applications we may collect location data obtained from your device. If you use our websites, we may collect location data obtained from your IP address. We use this location data to find our nearest store to you, provide product pricing and availability at our stores near you and provide driving directions to our stores. Certain of our device applications may also use this information to determine if you are shopping in one of our stores. If you are, we present you information relevant to in-store customers. For many devices, you can control how we use your device’s location information in the settings menu of your device or via device portals.
• Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as credit card information; and/or
• Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
• From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
We collect information directly from you. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• In connection with an online purchase: details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
• Your search queries on the Website.
• If you upload or share a photo, submit a request, submit information, or post other digital content through one of our
websites, applications or via social media interactions on third party websites like Facebook or Twitter.
• If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion, program, clinic or workshop
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
We collect information from you passively. We may use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, and web beacons. Please see the Our Tracking Techniques section below for more information.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Please note that our Sites do not support “Do Not Track” browser settings and does not currently participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your personal or non-personally identifiable information. Please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies.
• Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit A&A STORY, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We collect information from other sources, such as third party business partner, or a friend through a refer-a-friend type features. If you use one of these features, please ensure that you only submit email addresses of persons who have authorized you to share their email address.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Website and its contents to you.
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it and respond to your questions and requests. Examples include fulfilling orders, ensuring proper delivery or providing services (such as delivering an electronic copy of your receipt).
• To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To improve our products and services. We may use your information to make website, device application, or product and service improvements.
• To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
• To look at website and device application trends and customer interests.
• For security and loss prevention purposes.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. With third parties who perform services on our behalf, including but not limited to our delivery service providers who ship and deliver your online orders. We might also authorize our service providers to collect information on our behalf. Some service providers may be located outside of the United States. We might also share information with the vendors and manufacturers of our products and services to respond to your reviews and questions.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of A&A STORY’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by A&A STORY about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
• If we think we have to in order to comply with the law or a request from a government agency or investigatory body.
• To protect us.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of A&A STORY, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Promotional Offers from A&A STORY. If you do not wish to have your email address and/or contact information used by A&A STORY to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form) or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to A&A STORY as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
• We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for those third parties' direct marketing purposes and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: 115 Perimeter Center Pl #640, Atlanta, GA 30346. Mention in your letter that you are making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry. We will respond within 30 days.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. When you place orders on our website, all of your order information, including your credit card number and delivery address, is transmitted through the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL technology causes your browser to encrypt your order information before transmitting it to our secure server. SSL technology, an industry standard, is designed to prevent someone other than operators of our websites from capturing and viewing your personal information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Your Privacy Preferences.
You can register or change your preferences to receive or not receive marketing communications from us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. Even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages, we may still contact you for transactional purposes like confirming or following up on an order or service request, responding to customer service inquiries, asking you to review a product or service you have ordered, or notifying you of product recalls or rebates. If you later opt back into getting marketing communications from us, we will remove your information from our opt-out databases.
Registered website users can update their information at the Your Account section of our website. If you are not a registered website user, you can contact us by email.