GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE SALE OF GOODS
(a) These terms and conditions of sale (these “Terms”) are the only terms which govern the sale of the goods (“Goods”) by the seller named on the reverse side of these Terms (“A&A STORY”) to you (“Buyer”). Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, if a written contract signed by both parties is in existence covering the sale of the Goods covered hereby, the terms and conditions of said contract shall prevail to the extent they are inconsistent with these Terms.
(b) The accompanying quotation or invoice (the “Sales Confirmation” and these Terms (collectively, this “Agreement”) comprise the entire agreement between the parties, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous understandings, agreements, negotiations, representations and warranties, and communications, both written and oral. These Terms prevail over any of Buyer’s general terms and conditions of purchase regardless whether or when Buyer has submitted its purchase order or such terms. Fulfillment of Buyer’s order does not constitute acceptance of any of Buyer’s terms and conditions and does not serve to modify or amend these Terms.
(a) The goods will be delivered within a reasonable time after the receipt of Buyer’s purchase order, subject to availability of finished Goods. A&A STORY shall not be liable for any delays, loss or damage in transit.
(b) Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties, A&A STORY shall deliver the Goods to the location set forth in the Sales Confirmation (the “Delivery Point”) using A&A STORY’s standard methods for packaging and shipping such Goods. Buyer shall take delivery of the Goods within two (2) days of A&A STORY’s written notice that the Goods have been delivered to the Delivery Point. Buyer shall be responsible for all loading costs and provide equipment and labor reasonably suited for receipt of the Goods at the Delivery Point.
(c) A&A STORY may, in its sole discretion, without liability or penalty, make partial shipments of Goods to Buyer. Each shipment will constitute a separate sale, and Buyer shall pay for the units shipped whether such shipment is in whole or partial fulfillment of Buyer’s purchase order.
(d) If for any reason Buyer fails to accept delivery of any of the Goods on the date fixed pursuant to A&A STORY’s notice that the Goods have been delivered at the Delivery Point, or if A&A STORY is unable to deliver the Goods at the Delivery Point on such date because Buyer has not provided appropriate instructions, documents, licenses or authorizations: (i) risk of loss to the Goods shall pass to Buyer; (ii) the Goods shall be deemed to have been delivered; and (iii) A&A STORY, at its option, may store the Goods until Buyer picks them up, whereupon Buyer shall be liable for all related costs and expenses (including, without limitation, storage and insurance).
(a) The quantity of any installment of Goods as recorded by A&A STORY on dispatch from A&A STORY’s place of business is conclusive evidence of the quantity received by Buyer on delivery unless Buyer can provide conclusive evidence proving the contrary.
(b) A&A STORY shall not be liable for any non-delivery of Goods (even if caused by A&A STORY’s negligence) unless Buyer gives written notice to A&A STORY of the non-delivery within five (5) days of the date when the Goods would in the ordinary course of events have been received.
(c) Any liability of A&A STORY for non-delivery of the Goods shall be limited to replacing the Goods within a reasonable time or adjusting the invoice respecting such Goods to reflect the actual quantity delivered.
4. Quantity. If A&A STORY delivers to Buyer a quantity of Goods of up to eighty percent (80%) more or less than the quantity set forth in the Sales Confirmation, Buyer shall not be entitled to object to or reject the Goods or any portion of them by reason of the surplus or shortfall and shall pay for such Goods the price set forth in the Sales Confirmation adjusted pro rata.
5. Shipping Terms. A&A STORY shall make delivery in accordance with the terms on the face of the Sales Confirmation.
6. Title and Risk of Loss. Title and risk of loss passes to Buyer upon delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Point. As collateral security for the payment of the purchase price of the Goods, Buyer hereby grants to A&A STORY a lien on and security interest in and to all of the right, title and interest of Buyer in, to and under the Goods, wherever located, and whether now existing or hereafter arising or acquired from time to time, and in all accessions thereto and replacements or modifications thereof, as well as all proceeds (including insurance proceeds) of the foregoing. The security interest granted under this provision constitutes a purchase money security interest under the Georgia Commercial Code.
7. Amendment and Modification. These Terms may only be amended or modified in a writing which specifically states that it amends these Terms and is signed by an authorized representative of each party.
8. Inspection and Rejection of Nonconforming Goods.
(a) Buyer shall inspect the Goods upon receipt (“Inspection Period”). Buyer will be deemed to have accepted the Goods unless it notifies A&A STORY in writing of any Nonconforming Goods during the Inspection Period and furnishes such written evidence or other documentation as reasonably required by A&A STORY. “Nonconforming Goods” means only the following: (i) product shipped is different than identified in Buyer’s purchase order; or (ii) product’s label or packaging incorrectly identifies its contents.
(b) If Buyer timely notifies A&A STORY of any Nonconforming Goods, A&A STORY shall, in its sole discretion, (i) replace such Nonconforming Goods with conforming Goods, or (ii) credit or refund the Price for such Nonconforming Goods, together with any reasonable shipping and handling expenses incurred by Buyer in connection therewith. Buyer shall ship, at its expense and risk of loss, the Nonconforming Goods to A&A STORY’s facility located at the location set forth in the Sales Confirmation or communicated by A&A STORY in writing. If A&A STORY exercises its option to replace Nonconforming Goods, A&A STORY shall, after receiving Buyer’s shipment of Nonconforming Goods, ship to Buyer, at Buyer’s expense and risk of loss, the replaced Goods to the Delivery Point.
(c) Buyer acknowledges and agrees that the remedies set forth in Section 8(b) are Buyer’s exclusive remedies for the delivery of Nonconforming Goods. Except as provided under Section 8(b), all sales of Goods to Buyer are made on a one-way basis and Buyer has no right to return Goods purchased under this Agreement to A&A STORY.
(b) All Prices are exclusive of all sales, use and excise taxes, and any other similar taxes, duties and charges of any kind imposed by any Governmental Authority on any amounts payable by Buyer. Buyer shall be responsible for all such charges, costs and taxes; provided, that, Buyer shall not be responsible for any taxes imposed on, or with respect to, A&A STORY’s income, revenues, gross receipts, personnel or real or personal property or other assets
10. Payment Terms.
(a) Buyer shall pay all invoiced amounts due to A&A STORY within five (5) days from the date of A&A STORY’s invoice, unless set forth otherwise on said invoice. Buyer shall make all payments hereunder by wire transfer or any other payment method accepted by A&A STORY and in US dollars.
(b) Buyer shall pay interest on all late payments at the lesser of the rate of 1.5% per month or the highest rate permissible under applicable law, calculated daily and compounded monthly. Buyer shall reimburse A&A STORY for all costs incurred in collecting any late payments, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees. In addition to all other remedies available under these Terms or at law (which A&A STORY does not waive by the exercise of any rights hereunder), A&A STORY shall be entitled to suspend the delivery of any Goods if Buyer fails to pay any amounts when due hereunder and such failure continues for fifteen (15) days following written notice thereof.
11. No Warranty.
(a) A&A STORYMAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE GOODS, INCLUDING ANY (a) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; (b) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (c) WARRANTY OF TITLE; OR (d) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE.
(b) Products manufactured by a third party (“Third Party Product”) may constitute, contain, be contained in, incorporated into, attached to or packaged together with, the Goods. For the avoidance of doubt, A&A STORY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD PARTY PRODUCT, INCLUDING ANY (a) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; (b) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (c) WARRANTY OF TITLE; OR (d) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE.
(c) A&A STORY shall not be liable if: (i) Buyer makes any further use of such Goods after giving such notice; (ii) the defect arises because Buyer failed to follow A&A STORY’s oral or written instructions as to the storage, installation, commissioning, use or maintenance of the Goods; or (iii) Buyer alters or repairs such Goods without the prior written consent of A&A STORY.
(d) Subject to Section 11(c) above, with respect to any defective Goods, A&A STORY shall, in its sole discretion, either: (i) repair or replace such Goods (or the defective part) or (ii) credit or refund the price of such Goods at the pro rata contract rate provided that, if A&A STORY so requests, Buyer shall, at A&A STORY’s expense, return such Goods to A&A STORY.
12. Limitation of Liability.
(a) IN NO EVENT SHALL A&A STORYBE LIABLE TO BUYER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, REVENUE OR PROFIT OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT A&A STORY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
(b) IN NO EVENT SHALL A&A STORY’SAGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THREE TIMES THE TOTAL OF THE AMOUNTS PAID TO A&A STORY FOR THE GOODS SOLD HEREUNDER or $25,000, WHICHEVER IS LESS.
(c) The limitation of liability set forth in Section 12(b) above shall not apply to (i) liability resulting from A&A STORY’s gross negligence or willful misconduct and (ii) death or bodily injury resulting from A&A STORY’s acts or omissions.
13. Compliance with Law. Buyer shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Buyer shall maintain in effect all the licenses, permissions, authorizations, consents and permits that it needs to carry out its obligations under this Agreement. Buyer shall comply with all export and import laws of all countries involved in the sale of the Goods under this Agreement or any resale of the Goods by Buyer. Buyer assumes all responsibility for shipments of Goods requiring any government import clearance. A&A STORY may terminate this Agreement if any governmental authority imposes antidumping or countervailing duties or any other penalties on Goods.
14. Termination. In addition to any remedies that may be provided under these Terms, A&A STORY may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect upon written notice to Buyer, if Buyer: (i) fails to pay any amount when due under this Agreement and such failure continues for seven (7) days after Buyer’s receipt of written notice of nonpayment; (ii) has not otherwise performed or complied with any of these Terms, in whole or in part; or (iii) becomes insolvent, files a petition for bankruptcy or commences or has commenced against it proceedings relating to bankruptcy, receivership, reorganization or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
15. Waiver. No waiver by A&A STORY of any of the provisions of this Agreement is effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by A&A STORY. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power or privilege arising from this Agreement operates, or may be construed, as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
16. Confidential Information. All non-public, confidential or proprietary information of A&A STORY, including but not limited to specifications, samples, patterns, designs, plans, drawings, documents, data, business operations, customer lists, pricing, discounts or rebates, disclosed by A&A STORY to Buyer, whether disclosed orally or disclosed or accessed in written, electronic or other form or media, and whether or not marked, designated or otherwise identified as “confidential” in connection with this Agreement is confidential, solely for the use of performing this Agreement and may not be disclosed or copied unless authorized in advance by A&A STORY in writing. Upon A&A STORY’s request, Buyer shall promptly return all documents and other materials received from A&A STORY. A&A STORY shall be entitled to injunctive relief for any violation of this Section. This Section does not apply to information that is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to Buyer at the time of disclosure; or (c) rightfully obtained by Buyer on a non-confidential basis from a third party.
17. Force Majeure. A&A STORY shall not be liable or responsible to Buyer, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of A&A STORY including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot, or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lockouts, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to either party’s workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage, provided that, if the event in question continues for a continuous period in excess of sixty (60) days, Buyer shall be entitled to give notice in writing to A&A STORY to terminate this Agreement.
18. Assignment. Buyer shall not assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of A&A STORY. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves Buyer of any of its obligations under this Agreement.
19. Relationship of the Parties. The relationship between the parties is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment or fiduciary relationship between the parties, and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
20. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other person or entity any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of these Terms.
21. Governing Law. All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Georgia without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Georgia.
22. Arbitration. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The number of arbitrator shall be one. The place of arbitration shall be Atlanta, Georgia.
23. Notices. All notices, request, consents, claims, demands, waivers and other communications hereunder (each, a “Notice”) shall be in writing and addressed to the parties at the addresses set forth on the face of the Sales Confirmation or to such other address that may be designated by the receiving party in writing. All Notices shall be delivered by personal delivery, nationally recognized overnight courier (with all fees pre-paid), email or certified or registered mail (in each case, return receipt requested, postage prepaid). Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, a Notice is effective only (a) upon receipt of the receiving party, and (b) if the party giving the Notice has complied with the requirements of this Section.
24. Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
25. Survival. Provisions of these Terms which by their nature should apply beyond their terms will remain in force after any termination or expiration of this Agreement including, but not limited to, the following provisions: Limited Warranty, Limitation of Liability, Waiver, Relationship of the Parties, No third-party beneficiaries, Notices, Compliance with Laws, Confidential Information Governing Law, Arbitration and Survival.